Thursday, August 4, 2011

When I Grow Up

Last night our home group leaders planned an activity that involved the kids drawing pictures of what they wanted to be when they grow up. While talking to my sister on the phone today, I asked Ari to tell her about it. Here's how the conversation went (slightly condensed):
Ari: I want to be a police officer when I grow up!
Auntie: That's great, Ari!
Ari: Mommy, what are you going to be when you grow up?
Me: A structural engineer.
Ari: Can I ride on your train?
Auntie & Me: (silence from laughing so hard)
Ari: Auntie, what are you going to be when you grow up?
Auntie: A speech-language pathologist. I help people learn how to speak.
Ari: Spanish?

4 comments:

In the Mix said...

:)

Yia Yia said...

Good to know you and Auntie know what you want to be when you grow up. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Unknown said...

Aw! Ari has a very creative mind.

Baker's Acres said...

I love it!