
This is something I've been doing for a while now and have been wanting to share here, but just haven't had the time. Every Sunday night I make my menu for the week to go grocery shopping on Monday morning. Now that things are more settled I'm hoping to make this a weekly post. I found a site called OrgJunkie.com that "sponsors" this great way of sharing menus to give others ideas and new recipes. I'm hoping to get the ball rolling with those of you checking in here (I think many of you have a similar way of grocery shopping), but please don't feel obligated. You can leave your menu in the comments section or let us know if you've put your menu up on your blog. For now I'll just be putting up the menu and I'll try to link to the recipe if it's available online. If there's a certain recipe you want, just let me know and I'll email it to you :)
That said, here's this week's menu at the Roach Motel:
Monday - Shredded Beef Tacos & Mock Refried Beans (thanks Kelsey)
Tuesday - Jambalaya
Wednesday - Ravioli Soup
Thursday - Chicken Nuggets and Sweet Potato Fries
Friday - English Muffin Pizzas
Saturday - Breakfast - Brunch Pizza; Dinner - Hot Dogs & Baked Beans
Sunday - Eat Out
FYI - we pick and choose which meal we want each day and I try to use the meals with fresh ingredients first before they spoil. I just write it out this way to make sure I have 7 meals planned.
Bon Appitit! :)
3 comments:
I applaud your organization! When you have a family and they are depending on you for meals, it really helps to plan things out. With just the two of us, we seem to go from day to day, or meal to meal. We do a lot of grazing and often last minute trips to the store when we get a hankering for something.
I try to do a menu for two weeks at a time. I usually have to go back to the store for milk and sometimes fruit. Other than that we're usually set for a couple of weeks.
What I have on my menu now is:
Meatball subs
Shepherd's Pie
Bean and cornbread
Tacos al pastor
Cheese and Spinach manicotti
Tostadas
Fettuccine with italian sausage in a creamy vegetable tomato sauce
Chicken Caesar pitas
Curry chicken with rice and a veg (I think I have swiss chard)
Roast with new potatoes and carrots
So. not quite two weeks worth but I figure on one or two nights of left overs or dinner with my parents and one or two pizza or take out nights.
I think it's a good idea to share menus. It is my least favorite thing to do every other week. New and fresh ideas from other people helps make the process more bearable.
Thanks!
That's mainly why I started this post - I sometimes dread Sunday evenings and Keenan does too since I hound him until we come up with 7 meals. I don't know if I could manage more than that, but I like that you only have to "major" shop every 2 weeks. I could go for that!
Oh and I'd love that fettucine recipe if/when you get a chance. It sounds yummy!
Post a Comment