Sunday, February 24, 2008

Knoty Boy

Ari got his first official boo-boo today (he's had some miscellaneous bumps, bruises and scrapes before). We were all hanging out in the office. He started walking quickly towards something and tripped over Keenan's foot crashing his forehead into the metal leg of a chair. The bump swelled almost instantly and was quite the knot for a while. He wouldn't sit still long enough for us to hold an ice pack on it and was back to himself in no time (with the help of a Hershey kiss or two). The swelling's gone down considerably, but there's still a bump with a purple bruise. Poor little guy (or maybe it's more poor mommy) :(





Chocolate makes everything better...



"I'm ok, Mom!"

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, that is an impressive bump! it sounds like he handled it well, though. I hope it heals up quickly!

In the Mix said...

That is a remarkable goose egg. It is amazing what babies can go through. Sometimes I compare what the consequence would be for me if I were to have an injury/fall like my son. I'd be a goner. I'm glad to see that chocolate is a comfort to Ari, as it should be to most children I suppose.

Roach Momma said...

Yes...I was quite impressed with the speed and size of that bump! The crazy part was by morning, it was gone! They definitely heal quickly. ITM - I agree, I don't think it would have been the same story for me either. Ari has quite the sweet tooth so he'll take chocolate any chance he gets :)

dbilberry said...

Yowza!