Asher has grown and changed so much in the last few months. His walking has improved so much since getting a late start at almost 19 months. He can almost run and is working really hard on jumping. Asher continues to be above average with his talking using very full sentences most of the time. He's switched from calling his brother and sister "Bubba" and "Sissy" to "Awi" and "Keewa" all on his own. He likes to keep track of each person's location. When getting him out of the car the other day after being in the nursery for Bible study he said, "Keewa in lion class. Assa in kangawoo class. Awi at tool. Daddy at work." My favorite word he says right now is "guaca-mole-ole." I can tell more challenging times are ahead as he's already started to push his limits and tasted time-out a few times.
What hasn't changed is how snugly, sweet and lovable he is! Lately he'll just walk over to one of us and give us the biggest hug. Asher loves to snuggle and cuddle when he's sleepy or sad and he practically melts right into you. Even on my busiest days, it's hard to resist!
Here are a couple of pictures from this evening. We had cake after dinner and opened a couple of gifts from my parents, sister and us. Saturday will be our celebration with friends. I think he's in the birthday groove. He started squealing with delight at the second present! Before bed I asked him if he had a good birthday and he replied, "I blow 'em out!"
And here's what happens when you try to take a picture of three kiddos anxiously awaiting cake and having allergy eye issues. Oh well.
Happy birthday, Asher! We couldn't imagine our family without you!
Side note: I just noticed I didn't do a single post in February! Ack! Guess my next post will be a catch-up - hopefully before April!
5 comments:
Looks like a fun family time. Asher looks so much like Keenan at that age, especially in the first photo. Happy Birthday, little boy! Yia Yia and Papa love you very much.
Happy Birthday! Wow! What a talker!!
Happy birthday big boy! Well, little but already two years old. I can't believe how fast the years go by.
The eye allergy pic cracked us up.
Wow, it sounds like he's changed a lot since we saw him last. Happy birthday Asher!
Happy (Belated now) Birthday, Asher!! We're glad he's enjoying being two! =)
Post a Comment