Monday, March 11, 2013

It Be Fun!

Just as we did for his actual birthday, we talked a lot with Asher about his party.  Saturday morning he came into my bathroom while I was getting ready and said, "My airplane birthday!"  I replied, "Are you ready for your party?"  He said, "Uh huh!  It be fun!"

We had a few of our close family friends over for crafts, lunch and cake.  Each of them have a kid around Asher's age and siblings Keira and/or Ari's ages.  Everyone had a great time making paper airplanes and just hanging out together.  Asher was a little overwhelmed at first when everyone showed up, but he warmed up quickly.  He was really in the birthday groove and had the biggest smile on his face while everyone was singing to him.  Pictures are hard to come by with 8 active kiddos and playing hostess, but here are a couple of the birthday boy with Daddy and Mommy.



For those of you who like them, here are Asher's 2 year old stats from Friday:  Height 31.88 in. - 5th percentile.  Weight 21lb 2oz - not on the chart.  Good news - he's steadily growing and gaining weight so no worries.  Just our little man :)

2 comments:

betsyann said...

I remember when I was five and I finally made it onto the chart. We all cheered in the Dr's office. :)

Yia Yia said...

Asher, you be cute.