This past weekend we traveled up to Wichita for many reasons. The first of which was to meet our new niece/cousin, Iris. Did I take any pictures of Iris? No. Silly me! I did, however get a few of the big cousins enjoying time together. During our drive, Keira asked if she would be able to drive the neighbor girl's toy corvette. We told her it was a possibility and she was beyond excited when her wish came true (not that you can tell from the picture).
The next morning, Asher and I loaded back up in the car and headed off to Kansas City. One of my college roommates and her family live in that area and I'd been wanting to visit since finding out their 2 year old daughter was diagnosed with cancer. Our other roommate also made the trip from even further north with her 11 month old daughter. We all had a great time catching up and watching the kids play together.
The babies.
Sweet, silly Laney. If you think of it, please pray for her recovery.
Three sleep-deprived mommas!
It was back in the car to Wichita the next day in time for another Moshe Monster party for Asher. There was more mask making, monster puppet making, presents and of course, cake. Keenan's mom opted for red velvet for a monster blood effect. Asher enjoyed her cupcakes over mine!
Then, you guessed it, back in the car the next day headed for home. Asher did great in the car the last leg. I think he was conditioned after the other 3 days in the car - poor thing! Even though it was a whirl-wind trip, it was a lot of fun and we're so happy and thankful for all the special people we were able to see and spend time with.
7 comments:
Was Jenny's baby the sick baby? I can't imagine. We will pray. Keep us updated. Glad you got to visit.
Great pics, Sara! So glad someone had a camera out. The kids also decorated the cupcakes. I thought they did a monster good job. It was a very fun and very busy weekend.
You did get a picture of Iris. Kelsey is holding her on the sofa. Ok, not a close up, but she is in the picture!
They did do a great job! Thanks again for everything! :)
It's Jessica's little girl. Thanks for the prayers!
Good catch!
You know, Brent and I have taken hardly any pics of Iris since the birth! Third babies... that's how it goes. The party was fun and Charis has been talking about it a lot. She LOVES her cousins.
Post a Comment