Asher had his well-check this morning. His ears are all clear after his double infection 2 weeks ago and he's smart, happy and healthy. His stats came in at 18lb 8.6oz and 28.75in. I looked back at Ari and Keira's one year posts for fun and he came in just under Keira's stats with both of them being well over Ari. (Ari's 1 year post & Keira's 1 year post).
I find it interesting how everything plays out as kids grow up. Asher was our biggest baby by 1 pound and started out 50th percentile for everything. At one year he's down to about 15th percentile for height and has slipped below the 5th for weight. The doctor and I both know a lot of it has to do with him being sick for almost 2 weeks and neither of us are concerned. He's been eating so well the past week I have a feeling he'll jump back up at his 15 month check-up.
We got the all clear to start soy milk (as opposed to formula) so I'm really hoping that will jump-start the weaning process. He's already sampled the vanilla soy milk and likes it which should make things easier.
Our only concern (if you can call it that) at this point is that he only pulls up to his knees and won't bear weight on his feet. After the exam, the doctor explained he has low muscle tone and it will just take him a little longer to gain control for standing and eventually walking. We had the exact issue with Keira and she walked just shy of 18 months. Ari didn't walk much sooner at 16 months, so given our history, none of us are surprised!
Enough words. Here are a couple of pictures from Asher's birthday portrait session!


5 comments:
Oh my goodness! I just want to squeeze him he's so cute!
He is SOOOO cute!
Katie looked at the pictures with Daddy and squealed! cuteness.
He is a true cutie pie, and looks healthy and thriving.
A bright, beautiful, healthy little boy! Best birthday wishes for our Asher!
Post a Comment