As soon as it warmed up a bit, we all bundled up to soak in the winter wonderland. It did not disappoint. Snowballs, sledding and digging to everyone's content.
That afternoon we had our extended family over for a Hanukkah feast and Asher had his first latkes. You can't tell from the pictures, but he really liked them.
And, of course, there were presents. Keira and I even made a special delivery to my sister's dog, Jake. Oh, and I got a new camera! Hopefully no more apologies for poor pictures.
Mostly we just spent time with my family, hanging out at the house and playing with our new toys and in the snow. My parents did take Ari and Keira to the children's museum one day, but no other big adventures.
After 10 days and almost 1800 miles, we made it home. Asher did much better this time around with the exception of the last day in the car. After all that, we spent a quiet New Year's Eve at home and have been catching up on sleep the rest of the weekend.
We hope your holidays were just as happy and we wish you blessings for this new year!
3 comments:
Glad your travels were safe!! Looks and sounds like fun - especially the sledding! =)
I'm so glad I made it in the sledding video. Sense the sarcasm?
I haven't been checking the blogs!! I've missed out on some great pics and videos. It was a long trip, but looks like it was well worth it.
Post a Comment