I thought it’d be fun to compare some pictures side-by-side. My friend, Sarah, had the same thought and Matt has been doing it as well. I’ll also share some fun facts along the way – just like these two friends of ours who added babies to their families only one month before Asher.
First up, the boy nursery. Ari’s had (bright!) green walls and Asher’s has tan/brown. Also the shelves are different and I relocated some décor items.
Next, we have their announcement pictures:
Ari – means “lion of God” in Hebrew. We both loved the name and the meaning and agreed on it from the start.
Emeson – my maiden name. With my dad being the only boy in his family and having two girls, the name will be coming to an end.
Keira – means “black haired woman” in Irish. The only girl name we could agree on. Not totally thrilled about the meaning, but she does have dark hair!
Charlotte – the French, female version of Charles meaning “free man.” In honor of Keenan’s dad and grandfather, both named Charles.
(Asher gets 2 pictures because I think he looks more like Ari in the first and like Keira in the second.)
Asher – means “happy/blessing” in Hebrew. You can read more here. We each were stubborn on this one (I had picked Levi), but in the end I conceded. We couldn’t be happier with our blessing – he’s a great sleeper and eater, is very easy-going and the older two are happy with him as well. A perfect fit for our family!
Jacob – means “heel puller” or “supplanter” (again, more here). Jacob is also Asher’s father in the Bible. We chose this name in honor of my father, grandfather and great grandfather – the first two having Jacob in their name and the latter named Israel, Jacob’s new name given to him by God).
And again in black in white for more effect:
Finally, my dad and Ari at age 4:
and Keira and me at age 2 1/2:
4 comments:
Genetics are a funny thing. Now, do a post about their personalities, because THAT's funny.
Awesome!
That's pretty cool to see all three babies at the same age and the same pose.
Very cool post!
(Levi was one of my favorite boy's names too - but Rob didn't go for it either.)
Post a Comment