And now a bit of what Ari's been up to these days (mostly for my records. Don't feel bad if you don't find these as humorous as we do!):
For starters, he's been enjoying a new PBS kids show called Wild Kratts. It's basically a kid's nature/animal show and gives lots of facts. Ari likes to repeat these facts to us regularly. "Hey Mom, did you know....?" We are all quite familiar with whales and worms right now :)
It's usually when he's giving us a fact (animal or otherwise) that Ari goes into what we call "Jeopardy talk." It goes a little something like this: "Hey Mom, these kind of cookies are really good. (Pause) Blueberry cookies." "Hey Mom, these kind of bugs are really bad. (Pause) Mosquitoes." He doesn't usually pause long enough for us to ask "What kind?" or try to answer ourselves. It's all one continuous thought for him.
Speaking of cookies, I'm sure I've mentioned Ari's affection towards confections. One morning he and Keira were arguing whether our cat was a boy (Ari's side and fact) or a girl (Keira's side). At lunch, I told our friend about their disagreement. She turned to them and trying to comfort Keira, explained that their dog is a girl. Going further to comfort both of them, she explained that some mutual friends of ours have both a girl and a boy dog. "You know, Oreo is a boy and Cupcake is a girl." You could just see Ari's wheel's spinning and the next words out of his mouth were "You know what kind of cookie is really good?...." :)
And lastly a story from dinner just last night. Keenan was rubbing his arm and in doing so moved his sleeve, showing his tattoo. Keira must have forgotten about it and asked "What dat?" Ari quickly chimed in and said "That's Daddy's tattoo. He got it 'cause he rode on a boat. When they were done, the Captain gave him a stamp!"
3 comments:
Those are so cute! Sweet boy.
I agree - too cute!! - I especially love the "stamp" one. =)
Love it! I wish that I could just look in there and see what those little guys are thinking. Chris and I have been looking a lot at each other saying, "where did he get that?" :)
Post a Comment