Monday, November 8, 2010

Biker Boy

For Ari's birthday this year we bought him a balance bike. I won't list out the reasons here, but we've been very happy with this choice of bike as a training tool for learning to ride a "real" bike. In just over a month, he's been cruising around our driveway as well as our neighbors', lifting up his feet when he gets some good momentum going. The other day I went outside to find him at another neighbor's driveway (with Keenan's supervision) with a much steeper incline, zooming down the hill and zipping around the street!



We've already put a pedal bike at the top of his Christmas list for us and are keeping our fingers crossed that it will be a smooth transition.

3 comments:

In the Mix said...

Bikes vs. trikes are such a big boy thing. So much fun to watch. Phinn got a pedal bike for his birthday and he loves it. I think it has something to do with being "more grown up". It looks like Ari will do great with one.

Yia Yia said...

Great balance! New skills!

Baker's Acres said...

Go Ari Go! Looks like fun! =)