Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Camping!

We went on a one-night camping trip last weekend.  This was Keira’s first time and she took right to it.  Both kids loved being outside so much, playing with dirt, rocks and sticks and, of course, eating hot dogs and marshmallows. 

I can’t think of any stand-out stories from our adventure.  Well…I guess there was the broken tent zipper at 10:30pm.  After some minor “surgery” involving a knife and zip-ties we made it through the night.  Now we’re in the market for either a new zipper or a new tent.  We’re hoping to make at least one or two more trips this year.

On to the pictures!

IMG_5580

The tent was a big hit.

IMG_5582

Our set-up.

IMG_5586

Another highlight – throwing rocks in the lake.

IMG_5589 

I got to do a lot of this – ahhhh.

IMG_5598

We found some nice scenery on hidden trails.

 IMG_5601

Luke and Carly joined in on the fun.

IMG_5602 

Mmmmm….s’mores!

IMG_5603

The chocolate was Keira’s favorite part.

IMG_5606

Sunset on the lake.

IMG_5611

Going on a morning hike (a little chilly).

IMG_5612

We found bluebonnets.  Keira’s still not sure of them.

IMG_5614

Want one?

IMG_5616 

Ari was the leader on our hike.

IMG_5617

Peek-a-boo!

6 comments:

betsyann said...

That looks super fun. We're going camping in Oregon this summer, it'll be the first I've done since Girl Scouts.

dbilberry said...

Where did you end up camping? We need to reschedule our camping trip we missed out on last year. I'm a little nervous about Brennan going at this age, but maybe if Keira did really well for you guys, Brennan would do the same /: I'm thinking Labor Day would be a good camping day.

Yia Yia said...

Was this tent new when you bought it? Seems like the zipper should have lasted longer. We have tents that are over 20 years old and they still work fine. I wonder if your tent is covered under a warrenty.

Baker's Acres said...

Looks like fun!! - Your hair is getting so long! Great pics; thanks for sharing. =)

Roach Momma said...

Oooo...Oregon sounds like a wonderful place to camp. How fun!

We went to Cleburne State Park - south of Ft. Worth. About an hour drive for us. We will definitely have to try again to go camping together! The kids are still a little young to enjoy it 100%, but I guess if we get them started now, they'll be pro's by the time they're 5 :)

Our tent was purchased new - from WalMart. I doubt we have any paperwork for a warranty. It may be salvagable. We'll see.

Yes - my hair is way too long right now! It's been like 5 months since I've had it cut! Scheduled for a haircut on May 1st. I don't know if I can stand it that much longer though :)

Jenny said...

Wow, you and Keenan are brave! When I think of camping, I just picture at least one of the boys keeping us awake all night long. It sounds like it was really fun for you all, though!