If you thought I was happy with our Christmas snow here in TX, you should see me now! The official snowfall total at DFW airport (12 miles from our house) for a 24-hour period was 12.5 inches! I measured somewhere around 8 inches at our house. The snow started around 4am Thursday morning and went well into Thursday evening/early Friday morning. It’s wet, heavy and beautiful.
So far we seem to have lucked out without major damage to trees or our house. I was worried about losing power last night, but we stayed in the clear with that as well. Keenan’s home from work today and we’re all just staying toasty by the fire.
(Bear with me…I have lots of pictures to share)
8:45am Thursday morning
around 1pm Thursday afternoon. Brushing the snow off the oleander bushes.
(remember this tree for later)
6:30pm
Didn’t we brush the snow off twice already? Poor bushes.
8am Friday morning
Do you remember this tree?
Keira wasn’t too happy about the cold, wet snow.
Sledding in the neighbor’s yard
Finally, a good snowman kind of snow and lots of it.
A snowball fight with the neighbors (see the ball mid-air?)
And some cocoa by the fire.
Ahhhh…. :)
6 comments:
ItM said exactly what I was going to say, "Awesome!" =)
Wow! How cool to see Ari sledding in Texas. He will never forget that. Neat snowman too.
WOW! What a Winter Wonderland!!! Ya know, we were planning on applying to some Residency Programs down there in Texas in hopes of getting away from the cold and snow. Sadly, I think ya'll have had more snow than us this year. Well, it's either that or STL has all the right equipment and knows how to deal with it.
This is all just backwards. LOL!
Stay warm and drink lots of cocoa! = )
Based on all the stats, this really is a rareity. The last time it happened was 32 years ago so I'd say you'd be safe in getting away from winter weather ;) And yes...TX is NOT equipped to handle snow (even ice)!
We are soaking up every minute! Looks like it'll be sticking around a few more days thanks to cooler temps.
What a fun treat! Glad you're taking advantage of it. :)
Neat pictures!!! Ari must have had a blast!!!!!!
Post a Comment