Sunday, February 15, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

No recipe reviews to report this week as I suspected. So, without further delay:

Monday - Leftover BBQ Beef and Mashed Potatoes with Veggies

Tuesday - Homemade Fishsticks with Mac 'n Cheese and Veggies

Wednesday - Bean Quesidillas and Spanish Rice

Thursday - Sausage and Pepper Frittata

Friday - Tofu Stir Fry with Brown Garlic Sauce (Keenan's new favorite!)

Saturday - French Dip Paninis with chips and fruit

Sunday - Swedish Meatballs (from the freezer!) with brussel sprouts

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you all like brussel sprouts. Ya know.....I've never even had them. How do you cook them?

Roach Momma said...

After the last time I made them - we love them! They get a bad rap. I cut them in half and saute them in a little olive oil or butter and season them with salt and pepper. Once they get a little brown I add about 1/2 cup of water, put a lid on and simmer for 5 min or until tender. They taste like mini cabbages, but better! Last time I used the fresh ones which were a pain to prep. This time I plan to use frozen.

Jenn said...

Thanks! I'm going to have to try them one of these days.

In the Mix said...

I do mine with a shallot and finish them off with a squeeze of lemon juice. Brussel sprouts are a favorite at our house, yum.

Roach Momma said...

Oooo...sounds yummy! I was actually thinking next time I'd deglaze the pan with some white wine (we keep the boxed kind in the fridge) instead of just water. The shallot and lemon would be nice compliments as well!