My first project at my current employer was a 900,000 square foot retail center - Arlington Highlands. It's now complete and the grand opening is tomorrow! I heard a commercial on the radio for the festivities and it gave me goose bumps - exciting, nervous, scary! I know I probably shouldn't tell you that the structural engineer is scared about these buildings that hundreds of people will be going in and out of, but I am. I had the same feelings when the Lost Pines Resort in Bastrop, TX , the W condos in Dallas and the parking garage at the Gaylord Texan Hotel opened. (I hope this doesn't come across as a brag about these projects. I'm truly glad that I worked on all of them and proud of their prominence in this area.)
It came out really cool. We're planning to go the the grand opening tomorrow so I'll take some pictures then.
3 comments:
You have a crazy job. I would be more worried if you weren't scared. I was trying to think of what my equivalent would be...Kids taking a trip to a Spanish speaking country and trying to talk to people? Not so scary.
Arlington Highlands Looks like a very cool place! Wish we could have been there for the grand opening. Checked out the resort too. Where is Bastrop, TX?
I do have a crazy job! I try not to think about it too much otherwise I wouldn't sleep at night :)
We can go when you're in town next week if you'd like. No festivities, but that may be better. Bastrop is east of Austin.
Post a Comment