Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Eight is Great!

Ari's birthday has come and gone, but I'm refusing to let September slip away before I post about it!

Our sweet boy turned 8 (8!) a couple of weeks ago and this year it turned into over a week of celebrating.  His birthday was on a Saturday so I baked some baseball sugar cookies for him to share with his classmates the Friday before.  That night we let him open his gifts from my parents, sister and aunts.

He read every word of every card this year (and got most of the jokes, too!).

 Excited about Kinetic Sand!

Discovering a fossil in the collection my aunt gave him.

Cracking open a geode sent by Grandpa and Bobo

Cool!

The cookies served double-duty as a treat for his teammates at their baseball game Saturday.  Keenan and Keira left from the game for their first Indian Princess camp out (I'll put those pic's at the end).  So, it was just me and my boys left to celebrate for the rest of the day.  Ari chose to come home and rest for a bit before heading to our new favorite taco place for dinner.  Then he picked frozen yogurt for his birthday dessert.




This past weekend, Keenan's parents came for a visit and we had his birthday party at a local skate rink.  Time for round 2!

A new KSU shirt from Auntie Kelsey, Uncle Brent and cousins!


 More card reading fun.

"Ball-joint Legos"  (a.k.a. Hero Factory line of Legos)!  On his list for a long time now.

Sk8r Boy!

Sk8r Girl!

Another Sk8r Boy!

Skating with Daddy 

Me and my boys.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

Happy birthday!

Doing the birthday pokey (Hokey Pokey)

Off he goes for another great year!

And here are some pic's from Keenan and Keira's first Indian Princess camp out adventure!





3 comments:

dbilberry said...

Asher makes such goofy faces. Makes me laugh every time. Happy bday Ari!

Unknown said...

What a fun month! I had to laugh a bit at the Indian Princess camp because Charis, without knowing about this, keeps saying she wants to be an "Indian Princess" for Halloween. But I think she means an Indian from India since she found Bhindi at my mom's house.

Yia Yia said...

Fun Pictures from a fun month! Glad we got to be a part of the fun. I didn't realize they had skating rinks with actual roller skates and not inline skates. A roller rink was a big part of my childhood. I wonder if I could still do that!

Ari sure is growing up and learning so much. Amazing young man!