It's been a jam-packed 5 days since Ari turned 7! Things kicked off on his birthday on Friday. Keenan spent the day at Ari's school as a part of the Watch D.O.G.S. program. Asher, Keira and I brought them lunch from Sonic and it was such a treat to have lunch as a family on a school day! Once at home, Ari opened the two packages he had received from my family. Both contained new Lego sets and he was so excited. In fact, he was so excited he opted for take-out over going out to eat so he could keep building away! He finished one set that night and the other took most of Saturday.
Saturday I spent prepping for his party that evening. Ari settled on a pirate theme which went well with the obstacle course and water slide we had planned.
Keenan put together an impressive course. There was the over and under, around the sea-saw (get it?), walking the plank (balance beam), through the tunnel, shooting the cannon (hitting a ball off the tee), up the rock climb, down the slide and finishing off with the water slide. It was just the thing for 7 boys (plus a few siblings)!
After plenty of obstacle course time and a hot dog dinner, we pulled out the pinata. All I can say is that was our first and last pinata and I'm so grateful no one was hurt! My nerves were shot!
The evening was topped off with individual brownie cups. Apparently Ari doesn't like cupcakes anymore. It did make for less work on my end, though!
Sunday was spent recuperating and more Lego building. Ari received 6 more sets from his friends and as of today he only has one left to build. Can you say Lego Maniac?!? After school on Monday we went straight to the doctor for Ari's well-check. I ended up combining this appointment with Asher's 2.5 year well-check and luckily no one had to get shots! Both boys are healthy and growing. From there we quickly came home, ate dinner, changed and headed out to Ari's second coach-pitch game of the fall season. Coach-pitch has been a big transition over t-ball. Ari's hard work and dedication paid off when he got his first hit that night followed by scoring a run. He earned himself the game ball!
I think the birthday buzz is slowly wearing off at this point. He's still had a trickle of cards come in the mail which is always fun. Oh! I didn't even mention that we had a pre-birthday celebration last week when Keenan's parents were in town! They brought Ari a neat gift - a how to make your own stop-motion animation book and a pack of clay to get started! As soon as we get the right equipment I'll be sure to post his first masterpiece!
Happy Birthday to our sweet, silly, smart seven year old! We love you :)
3 comments:
I've been meaning to ask you how Ari's party went. Looks like it was a smashing success (no pun intended). And I am so pleased that Ari got his first hit and score in baseball! How exciting is that! Papa and I are very proud of our seven year old and love him very much.
Happy (belated) Birthday, Ari!!
It looked like a magical b-day month for Ari!
Post a Comment