Spinning in disbelief over how fast our sweet kids are growing and changing. Asher is about to turn 16 months old and is in full toddler mode minus the fact that he's still not walking. He has started cruising quite a bit over the last couple of days, though. He has 30+ words including animal sounds, names of people and things he wants or sees. And he has started throwing tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Yay. Keira seems to have shot up in height overnight and will be 4 in just two short weeks. She's starting to come out of her shell around non-family members and remains as kooky as ever around us. Ari will be starting kindergarten in just over a month and will turn 6 soon after that. He loves to write notes and his really gotten into coloring lately.
Spinning with ideas of all the things I can do this week with only one kid in the house. Keenan, Ari and Keira left this morning for Kansas. It's been just over a month since our trip to Colorado and I was not up for another grueling car ride listening to Asher scream and cry. Keenan will return on Wednesday then Yia Yia and Papa will bring the kids to us on Saturday. Their plans include camping in a tipi, shooting fireworks, swimming and playing with cousins. I'll try to post a full report on their return.
Spinning with all the things I need to do for our upcoming move. After much praying, deliberation and planning we've decided it's time for us to move to a new area of town. We signed the contract on our new house last week and plan to lease our current house. Our top two reasons were location and schools. We had given ourselves a year, but it took less than a month. Our plan is to be settled in early August so we can get Ari adjusted and ready for school. Classes start at 7:45am which is going to be another huge adjustment for all of us!
So, it looks like I have another whirlwind month ahead of me. Hopefully I can get a quick couple of posts up after the Kansas trip and Keira's birthday. If not, you'll know why! ;)
3 comments:
Wow! Congratulations and good luck!
Congrats on the new home! Good luck with the move and transitions - and enjoy your "quiet time" this week! =)
I don't think we got enough pictures on the 40 acres. I just asked Chuck if any picture were taken of all the big fish that were caught, or the kids touching them. No. :( I guess we were having too much fun to think about photos. Keenan did take some of the kids with their bows and arrows.
Post a Comment