Lately Keira has been giving us glimpses of what's going on inside her head. She used to clam-up if we caught her singing and her conversations with us were mostly about things she needed from us. The following all took place today and I'm mainly documenting it for my memory, but hopefully it'll give you a peek into Keira's personality too!
On the drive to the YMCA -
K: If you want to fly for real you need a button that says "fly for real." Then you push it and you fly for real.
On the way home -
K: Mommy, I want to go to a store and get a button to fly for real.
Me: Um, I don't know of any stores that sell a button like that.
K: Awww man! (said much like Swiper the Fox from Dora).
We are starting to get in the habit of having the kids do chores around the house. Ari and Keira got started on the bathrooms while I finished up in the kitchen. While walking towards the bathroom where Keira was, I heard this song:
K: Hallelujah, make it shiny. Make it shiny...
I walked in to find her wiping down the potty.
K: I'm making the potty shiny 'cause Jesus likes it to be shiny. He makes his bathroom shiny so we should too.
Me: Oh really?
K: Yeah. Jesus is doing the same ting as us right now.
Me: He's cleaning his bathroom?
K: Yeah 'cause it's messy and dirty.
Me: Do you really think Jesus' house is messy and dirty?
K: Yeah.
I guess we need to talk more about where Jesus lives...
Silly girl! :)
4 comments:
It's those types of conversations that just erase any sort of naughtiness or whining that went on earlier. Thank goodness for those "fly for real" buttons! I'd like to have one too.
Oh that is just precious! What a cutie pie!
Too cute!! - If you find out where to buy a "fly for real" button, let me know - I'd like to have one too. ; )
I want a fly for real button!! Keira has a very creative mind!
Post a Comment