I'm long overdue for an update on the kids so here we go!
Ari - After practicing for a few months with his balance bike, Ari can now ride a pedal bike without training wheels! He loves to cruise up and down the street with Keenan jogging along side. He really wants to go on a long bike ride on the nearby trails, but he still needs to learn how to get himself started. We have Ari in swimming lessons twice a week and he's doing great so far. He's really become quite brave with his physical activities and seems like such a boy these days! Ari is really into numbers right now and is working on counting to 100. He also has a few sight words down and can sound out words pretty well. I think he can write just about every upper and lower case letter, but I haven't "tested" that theory completely. He should be all set for pre-k in the fall!
Keira - Keira is our closet wild-child out of the bunch. At home she's loud and busy - constantly on the go. But, out in public, she's quiet and shy and won't talk to most people. She still adores everything Ari does so she too is working on her numbers and letters. She has also become very brave physically which includes jumping off furniture and playground equipment! Gives this Momma a scare! She and Ari are currently in a short tumbling class and I'm thinking about keeping her in one during the school year. Keira continues to make over Asher echoing the way I talk to him, getting diapers for him and kissing on him regularly. It's hard to believe she'll be 3 soon, but she has definitely lost that toddler look and acts more like a pre-schooler than ever!
Asher - Asher started cooing right at 5 weeks and hasn't stopped! When he gets going he can "talk" for 15 minutes or more! The past week or so he's started blowing bubbles in between his stories and even has a giggle or two slip out. He doesn't seem to have much interest in rolling over and frankly doesn't get much tummy time. The other two were late bloomers with their gross motor skills so I'm not too surprised. Asher does sleep through the night and is still very flexible with our crazy schedule. He's definitely living up to the meaning of his name and is one happy baby!
Here's the video version of the updates:
4 comments:
Great videos!! =)
Yay for the video! I'm sure Charis will watch it over and over and over and over....
And I hope she's inspired by watching Ari on his bike. She's on a bike with training wheels that we got for $4 at the thrift store. Soon though Brent will try to teach her how to ride it without them. The balance bikes are great for that.
That was a great show! Great job, Ari!! Loved the background noises too. That wasn't a motor bike, was it? And I loved the stealth camera to catch Keira singing, with Obi as a backu. Asher is trying to get his two cents in and doing a great job of it. 11% warmer, eh? Our budding scientist!
Wow riding without training wheels, impressive!
Post a Comment