Monday, September 20, 2010

4 Cheers 4 the Birthday Boy!

Our sweet boy turned 4 today!  It’s been really fun watching his excitement build the last few weeks (ever since his close friend turned 4).  I could tell he really “got it” this year.  He woke up earlier than usual this morning and was in the best mood.  Well, until I informed him we were still going to the YMCA for my typical workout day.  Once he got past that, it was all good again.

After the Y, we visited some friends, picked out Halloween costumes and ate lunch at “Old McDonald’s” (as he calls it).  We had a leisurely lunch inside with plenty of play-place time – a rare treat!

IMG_6364Testing out the costume :)

When Daddy got home from work it was present time!

IMG_6376“Look at my pile!”

IMG_6377 

A balance bike from Mommy and Daddy!

IMG_6384

Ready to roll!

After our tasty dinner of animal-shaped chicken nuggets and mac ‘n cheese, we enjoyed ice cream cake with our dear neighbor, our friend Luke and his parents who are in town from England.

IMG_6389

As I type this, the birthday boy, his sister, Daddy, Luke and his parents are out flying model airplanes.  I’m sure Ari’s climbing the big pile of rocks and finishing off a great birthday!  We love you Little B! :)

 

(P.S. – the big party isn’t for a couple of weeks so there will be more birthday pictures to come!)

3 comments:

Yia Yia said...

Looks like a really fun day! What a cool bike. Looking forward to seeing you all in a few days!

Baker's Acres said...

Looks like Ari had a great birthday! He's growing soo fast!

Unknown said...

That's one special day! Charis also gets it this year and is excited about the big 4. Especially now that she knows Ari is a big 4-year-old!
I love his costume, too cute.