Monday, July 5, 2010

A Tinkerbell Tea Party

This past Saturday we started Keira’s 2nd birthday celebration.

IMG_6127

The girls were invited to the “fairy gardens” of our house.

IMG_6112 IMG_6113 IMG_6086

IMG_6085

I really wish I had taken more/better pic’s of the decorations.  It came out really sweet.  Links to the ideas/crafts I used will be at the end of the post.  The pink string in the pic above held each girl’s fairy outfit and gift bag (again, really wish I had a pic of that!)  Here’s what they looked like:

IMG_6123

Poster board type fairy wings, a sparkly tulle skirt, a golden star wand and a gift bag complete with Tinkerbell fruit snacks, a fairy necklace and chocolates.

Everyone arrived about the same time and we started off by letting the girls decorate their wings.

IMG_0965

Then it was time to try on their outfits and dance to some fairy music (a.k.a. the music video on the Tinkerbell DVD).  The younger girls wanted nothing to do with it, but the older girls were dancing queens!

IMG_6089

We all sang “I’m a Little Teapot” and started the tea party with snacks and “tea” (fruit punch).  I provided pb&j’s in star shapes, turkey and cheese sandwiches in heart shapes, pizza puffs, goldfish and plenty of fruit.

IMG_6097

(Side note – Ari was not happy about being the only boy and spent most of the party just hanging out with my parents.)

Since everyone was at the table we decided to have cake time – chocolate cupcakes with pink butter-cream frosting and purple sugar sprinkles.

IMG_6098 IMG_6100

Then it was on to presents.  Keira received lots of Tinkerbell paraphernalia, some cute clothes and a doll house.

IMG_0976 IMG_6110 IMG_0990

As far as we can tell everyone had a great time and things went so smoothly!  It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun too :)

Links:

Printed signs and cupcake picks.

Flower tissue garland.

5 comments:

betsyann said...

Adorable! Looks like great fun.

dbilberry said...

Way to go Mama! That sounds like an AWESOME party for a sweet little girl. Happy birthday Keira.

Baker's Acres said...

Looks like fun!! Happy Birthday, Keira!

Unknown said...

Love those invitations! Looked fun.

Jessica said...

What a lucky little Keira to have such a creative mommy! It looks like everyone was super excited and had a good time!