Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ari’s Turn!

In my attempt to make sure Keira’s memories don’t go the way of the 2nd child, I fear it appears Ari’s been lost in the shuffle.  At least as far as my blog’s concerned anyway.  So in order to right this wrong, here is an update on our sweet boy.

Three has been a rough age for Ari or maybe more for us.  We’ve had to modify techniques with him to keep one step ahead.  The past couple of weeks, however, have been a different story.  I think watching Keira’s “terrible 2” antics and our response have somehow shocked him into being on his best behavior.  He’s been so sweet, helpful and just a plain joy to be around again.  He even says “I’ll draw you a picture to make you happy” when Keira’s trying my patience.

Speaking of drawing, Ari’s artwork has turned a corner.  One of his last weeks of school he drew a cow that looked like a cow!  I really need to scan it in for preservation.  He likes to draw dinosaurs, seahorses and our cat, Obi.  On top of that just a couple of weeks ago he wrote his name by himself for the first time and today started branching out onto other letters in the alphabet.

Ari and I completed a 2 week parent/child swim class this summer and he’s since become much more comfortable in the water.  He also participated in his first VBS this summer and enjoyed that as well.  I have him signed up for a “Scientific Cooking” camp for preschoolers at our YMCA in a couple of weeks.  He’s very excited for that one.

Ari’s physical activity level has really increased this year.  He loves to ride Keenan’s skateboard or his own trike around the driveway.  He also has quite the arm and can launch our Aerobie (frisbee) or a ball great lengths.  Interestingly enough, he throws left-handed even though he’s predominately right-handed otherwise (although today I saw him coloring left-handed too).  It’s almost like he’s becoming more ambidextrous as he gets older!

Before this gets too long I’ll leave you with some recent pic’s.  Lately Ari will ask me to take his picture hence the one of him in bed :)

IMG_6119

Ari asked me to “make my hair look nice and take a picture” and modeling his new sandals:

IMG_6128 IMG_6142

All set for “crazy hair day” at VBS:

IMG_6152 IMG_6153

2 comments:

dbilberry said...

Age three was by far the hardest for us too. Four has been AWESOME!

Unknown said...

I love the crazy hair on Ari.