Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Part 2

So of course after I published my last post I thought of 100 more things I could say about Keira and all the new things she's been up to since becoming a toddler. I'm going to post them here - mainly for my sake and my memory (I'm still amazed at how much I've already forgotten of both my children's developmental stages!). So feel free to skip this post if you wish - no hard feelings :)


Singing - Neither Ari nor Keira are big singers, but Keira has picked up on a few lately. Her first was "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and her newest includes bits and pieces of the ABC's, the clean up song and "Row Row Row Your Boat." It goes something like this: "Low low boat. Jenny team. Mew Mew Mew Mew..." I'll catch her singing as she's going about her business and it cracks me up every time!



Jumping - she tries to do this a lot. She finally got airborne the other day and I think it caught her off guard. She crouches down low and gives it all she's got.

Counting - Keira is starting to pick up on numbers and counting. When she goes to jump she says "bour, bive, ayte GO!"

More Vocabulary - You can definitely tell Keira's vocabulary is influenced heavily by Ari. One of her first words was "mine." To this day she refers to herself as "my" as in "my do it." Just this week she picked up a new word. I couldn't believe it when she came up to me and said "Awi boder (bothering) me." The sly little smile she added was all Keira, though.

Why Oh Why - When we respond to a question Keira's asked us her response is "Oh." I need to capture it on video because her inflection is the best part. She's also started asking "why" a lot. I'm pretty sure it's early, but again, she's influenced by Ari. I'm not completely sure she knows what she's asking, but she does use it appropriately and is satisfied with our first answer.

Ok...I'll leave it at that for now :)

1 comment:

Yia Yia said...

I won't ever get tired of hearing about Keira. We are so looking forward to seeing her and her big brother soon!