It's the moment I've been waiting for for months. No, unfortunately not my test results. Something much more fun. Keira's officially walking! She's been taking steps here and there the past few weeks. Last week at Papa and Yia Yia's house she started taking 4 and 5 steps at a time. However, once we got home she reverted back to her ways of crawling and just showed no interest in walking.
Yesterday we were able to meet up with a friend of ours who's a physical therapist. After observing her for a while our friend concluded there's nothing physically or mentally wrong with her - she just isn't motivated to walk. She advised us to keep trying - have her walk a few steps between Keenan and me whenever possible.
Today I held her hand and had her walk as we browsed through a store and she actaully seemed interested! Tonight after dinner Keenan went outside to collect more firewood and she walked to the door to "chase" after him. The rest of the evening she walked quite a bit and would even stand back up in the middle of the floor (until tonight she would crawl to a piece of furniture to pull back up)!
Now she's offically a toddler. Sigh.
6 comments:
Oh hooray! That is very exciting news..I can't believe how fast these kids grow up Sara!
Woohoo!!
I also love the brother/sister love. Melts the heart.
CUTE!!!
Go Keira, Go Keira!
Yay Keira!! -and I agree: love the big hug! ...You post such fun videos - with music and everything! =)
I can't get over how sweet he's being with her and this milestone. She just adores him and is so happy he's paying attention to her.
Gotta love Windows Movie Maker! ;)
Post a Comment