Upon arriving in Denver we went straight to my sister's house for a 4th of July party. We ate some yummy food then took the kids to play on the nearby playground for a while. Both of them enjoyed being out of the car and free to wiggle for a while. At bedtime we took the kids to my parent's house were we'd be staying and got them settled for the night. Keenan opted to stay with them and go to bed himself and I chose to go back and watch fireworks. It's been years since I've been able to watch a show and it was great. I even had to use a thick blanket to keep warm - bliss! :)
The next morning we had a 1st birthday party for Keira since she's only a week away from turning 1 (whoa - really?!). There were aunts, uncles and cousins, lots of good food and of course, cake. Keira was into all of it - eating a good lunch, tearing into presents and playing with them and devouring cake getting pink frosting on her mouth and nose. So cute!
I was hoping to keep on top of things while we were gone, but we've just been too busy or tired. Tomorrow we're off to Manhappiness then Wichita on Saturday and home Sunday. Hopefully I'll get caught up soon after that. Until then! :)
1 comment:
Happy Early Birthday Kiera!! Great pics! It's good to see your family - it's been too long since I've seen them in person! Glad you all're having a good time. ...Again, can't wait to see you - tomorrow!!!! =)
Post a Comment