Monday, June 29, 2009

Wild Wedding Weekend – Pre-wedding Fun (Part 2 of 4)

Click here if you missed part 1.

Keira kindly woke us all around 6:30 Saturday morning.  The kids had their morning milk and we cleaned ourselves up enough to make it to the lobby for the complimentary breakfast.  Afterwards, we loaded up and went to the local park in hopes of wearing Ari out to get him a nap before the wedding.IMG_3693

 

Keira in the swing, as usual

 

 

 

 

 

Keenan and Ari on the rocket ship slide!

IMG_3692 IMG_3695

IMG_3696 IMG_3697

and rock climbing!

IMG_3700

IMG_3701

IMG_3706 Thumbs up, dude!

We returned to the hotel to get Keira her morning nap around 10.  Keenan and Ari went to a store called Gander Mtn. (small-scale Bass Pro Shop) and to Lowes to sit on the riding lawn mowers – one of Ari’s favorite past times.  We met another groomsman and his wife for lunch where Ari requested to take a nap.  We got him back to the hotel as quick as we could, but of course it took him almost an hour to get to sleep.  We had to wake him just over an hour later to get to the church for pictures.  I’m sure he would have slept at least another hour if we could have let him.  Poor little guy.  At least he had some sleep this day.

4 comments:

Baker's Acres said...

Busy day! That looks like a neat park - love the pics on the climbing rock! =)

Roach Momma said...

For a small town, they had a very nice city park. There were at least 3 seperate play areas and the rock plus lots of baseball fields and a pool. It was just too hot (even at 9am) to really enjoy it - it got up to 106 that day!

Yia Yia said...

Oy! I hear you on the heat. Although, after two days in 100+ temps, 95 feels down right bearable.

Baker's Acres said...

Oh whoa! I think I must have been "up north" for too long - anything over 90 and I think I need air conditioning!