Summer's off to a great start for us. Ari's last day of school was Wednesday. Thursday night we went to a friend's house for dinner and a dip in their kiddie pool. The water was too cold for Keira, but Ari had a blast. We topped off the night with popsicles.
Friday morning we hit the sprinkler park for our second time already. The first time, I kept getting on Ari for putting the water in his mouth (the water is recycled) and putting his mouth on the spouts where the water sprays out. After downing his Capri Sun, he got inventive and put the straw up to the spouts! That's what happens when both your parents are engineers ;) This last time he took no time in remembering his little trick and asked for his CS right off. I made him wait a little bit, then he was back at it.
Sunday we bought a kiddie pool for our house for the summer. Ari's already loving that and asks multiple times a day to go in it. Yesterday he went for a morning dip and we left it out all day for the water to warm up. It was plenty warm after dinner and Keira didn't mind getting in this time. She had a great time splashing and scooting around. I think her swimsuit helps keep her from slipping too much. Ari prefers to swim in the buff if we're the only ones around.
The only downside to our summer so far is our new wake-up time. Both kids have decided that 6am is a great time to wake up! I'm still adjusting to this new schedule, but I think it could be good in the long run. I was actually quite productive today especially since they go down for their afternoon naps about the same time and sleep around 2 hours! I just need to make myself go to bed earlier :)
2 comments:
Looks like cool summer fun for sure.
We have that same kiddie pool. Charis thinks it's pretty neat, we think it's hard to keep clean with all of our annoying cotton wood trees.
We are happy it it summer and wish we were closer so the kids could play together.
Post a Comment