We had a fabulous Easter weekend. Ari and I kicked things off by making some sugar cookies. He helped with every step and even picked pink icing (sorry, no "after" pics). Saturday afternoon we went to our church's Easter Festival. There were bounce houses, the Easter bunny, a hot dog lunch and of course, an egg hunt. Ari insisted on going in the bounce houses, but would just sit in a corner once inside. He was overwhelmed by the other jumping kids. Towards the end he finally jumped around a bit, but nothing like the others. He wasn't too sure of the Easter bunny either, but at least let me take a few pic's.
Ari collected a decent amount of eggs after much encouragement from Keenan. Ari didn't quite understand he needed to collect all the eggs first, then look inside later. He stopped after the first one! Needless to say, he was very excited about the candy.
Sunday morning Ari spent an hour finding all the eggs the Easter bunny had left in our living room. He would find one, eat the M&M inside then move on. He'd forget about them for a while then look for some more. What a great distraction while we were getting ready for church!
We went to a friend's church for a change and during the service they decorated a cross with fresh flowers. After the service we attempted to get a family pic in front of the cross. Keira had a meltdown when she smelled the strong fragrance! After the bluebonnet episode, I'm starting to think she has a thing against fresh flowers. Of course, she was also overdue for a nap so who knows.
Ok...enough words....on to the pictures!
2 comments:
I hope she hasn't an aversion to fresh flowers. How does she do with other fragrances, like perfume? Maybe she has a super sensitive nose.
I hope so as well, but for now I think it may be the case. I've never noticed her getting upset around any other strong smells - just fresh flowers. I bought an Easter Lily Monday (for 99 cents!) and she kept glaring over her shoulder in the shopping cart! Now at home she'll grab at it, but if I put her face near it to smell she turns away and clenches onto my shirt. Silly girl!
Post a Comment