First a quick review of some of last week's new menu items. In The Mix's creamy tomato sauce was amazing! I had to make one modification because I forgot to buy bacon. Instead, I cooked up the turkey Italian sausage (Jennie-O brand, spicy. Highly recommend.) first and set it aside then sauted the onions and garlic in the pan. By the time I added all the liquid ingredients there was a ton of flavor built up to deglaze. Before I start drooling again, I'll also say the Swedish Meatballs were excellent. I did 2lbs of beef instead of half beef, half pork, but they were good to us. It made a ton of meatballs so we now have half in the freezer for a quick meal another night!
This week's meals are tried-and-true around here so I probably won't have much to rave about next week - I already know they'll be yummy! :)
Monday - Turkey Pot Pie with cornbread crust (using leftover turkey from last week's menu)
Tuesday - Indian Curry Chicken (didn't get a chance to make it last week)
Wednesday - Lasagna
Thursday - BBQ Beef Brisket in the crock pot with mashed potatoes
Friday - Creamy Green Chilie Chicken Enchiladas with Mock Refried Beans
Saturday - Tofu Stir Fry with Brown Garlic Sauce (loved that too!)
Sunday - Turkey Burgers and French Fries
4 comments:
The enchiladas on your menu this week sound awesome. Can I have the recipe?
Here's our menu for the next nine days.
Black beans and rice
French dip sandwiches w/ fries and carrots
Chicken noodle soup
Shepherd's pie
Fish sticks, mac n cheese, and corn (for the kiddos)
Pizza w/ turkey pepperoni
Tandoori chicken w/ rice pilaf and salad
Beef stroganoff w/ green beans
Hamburger helper w/ california veg
Thanks again for doing this. It makes menu making for me not such a tedious task to know someone else is up to the same shenanigans. ;)
Thanks for joining me! It seems I've had some influence on your menu this week ;) Turn-about's fair play!
Yes...the enchiladas are a favorite around here.
Cut up a 2-3 chicken breasts into bite size pieces and brown/cook in a skillet (I usually season them lightly with some Cajun seasoning). Add an 8oz block of cream cheese (I use the 1/3 fat kind) and a can of green chilie enchilada sauce (I use the Hatch brand, but Old El Paso makes one as well). Cook and mix until completely combined. Fill flour tortillias with the mixture, roll enchilada style and place in a 9x13 pan. Cover enchiladas with any remaining sauce mixture or another can of enchilada sauce depending how "saucey" you like them. Cover with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes to get the cheese bubbly and slightly browned.
Sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe.
Wow! More power to you being able to cook with two babies! Can I just come knocking your door at dinner time!? He he, just kidding.
Post a Comment