Tuesday, July 22, 2008

1 week old - already!

This week has just flown by! Of course, I'm totally sleep deprived and spent 2 of the days in the hospital. I suppose it's to be expected ;)

Keira is a wonderful baby. She mainly cries when it's time to eat or if she has a burp that needs to come out. Otherwise she sleeps quietly (no grunting/squeeking as I've heard some infants do) and looks around quietly if she's awake. The nights have been a little rough since she decides to cluster feed for 2 hours at a different time each night. It's definitely been getting better each day, though.

Ari is so sweet with her. He loves to give her "pat pats" on her head followed by a kiss. He gives her hugs and asks to hold her as well. He's very concerned when she cries. He's given Keenan and I some trouble here and there I'm sure out of jealousy and at first for us being gone for 2 days. Luckily we've had lots of family around to keep him distracted and occupied. I've been trying to spend as much "Mommy and Ari" time with him as I can when Keira's sleeping.

The day Keira was born, Keenan's parents, sister and neice drove down to help out. They stayed until Saturday morning. That afternoon my parents flew in to stay for a week. The day after they leave, my sister will be coming for a week. I'm a little nervous for that first day when it's just me and 2 kids, but I think by then we'll all be better adjusted to this new life.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I took her for a weight check yesterday. She was 7lb 2oz! Up 11 ounces in 5 days!

Here are some pictures from Keira's first week. Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

She is so pretty! I love the pictures are all of her girly clothes.