Saturday, May 10, 2008

Big Boy Room

Ari moved into his big boy room almost a month ago. I couldn't have asked for an easier transition. He took right to it even staying in bed for nap and bed times. He would call for me to come get him out of bed when he woke up from either. The whole time he's known how to get in and out of the bed, but he simply wouldn't when it was time to sleep. Unfortunately, those days have come to an end. The other night he discovered he could get out of bed once I laid him down and Thursday he didn't take a nap at all! He just kept getting up and playing with the toys in his room. The good news was that he stayed in his room playing quietly despite my attempts every 30 minutes or so to lay him down. That night he fell asleep in the middle of his floor after getting out of bed. Yesterday he took a short nap on the floor as well. I tried using the baby gate to at least keep him in his room so I could get my work done. We had to put him back in bed at least 10 times last night as he tried to sleep in the hallway! Today he's finally napping in his bed and I hope it's a good one after a couple days of less sleep. I'm hoping the novelty of getting out of bed will wear off soom and he'll be back to his regular sleep habits. We'll see!

Here are the pic's of his monkey room and a copule of him sleeping on the floor from Thursday and Friday. Enjoy! :)








2 comments:

dbilberry said...

That's funny that he fell asleep on the floor. We got very lucky. Kadyn still has never tried to get out of her bed. Although there's nothing for her to do because we don't keep any toys in her room. Hopefully eventually he figure out that his bed is much more comfortable than his floor! At least he's content with the switch. That must be a relief with the new baby coming. Thanks for the update. It's always fun to check in on you guys.

Yia Yia said...

He does make that floor look pretty comfortable.